119 Likes 2 Dislikes
Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol.2
Sweet - Fox On The Run
(Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Official Music Video: https://youtu.be/VP2umy6TdEU
Soundtrack album by Various artists.
Released: April 21, 2017
Studio: Various, across the United States and the United Kingdom
Genre: Rock, soul, Funk
Label: Hollywood Marvel Music
Marvel Cinematic Universe soundtrack chronology.
1. Electric Light Orchestra - Mr Blue Sky. https://youtu.be/_eOg4xaNCbs
2. Sweet - Fox On The Run. https://youtu.be/xgIa6j_qQE8
3. Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah - Lake Shore Drive. https://youtu.be/OZsiHJ8taWE
4. Fleetwood Mac - The Chain. https://youtu.be/fNtprk_w1hE
5. Sam Cooke - Bring It On Home To Me. https://youtu.be/pesmMa4ayWY
6. Glen Campbell - Southern Nights. https://youtu.be/us5MruRu7rg
7. George Harrison - My Sweet Lord. https://youtu.be/29_oGVIk5C8
8. Looking Glass - Brandi. https://youtu.be/kZkK7CtgXb0
9. Jay & The Americans - Come A Little Bit Closer. https://youtu.be/DXTrEsWVlSw
10. Silver - Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang. https://youtu.be/M1WKmbh-AbQ
11. Cheap Trick - Surrender. https://youtu.be/L9SjJwmFUJU
12. Cat Stevens - Father and Son. https://youtu.be/TgIwIomKYW8
13. Flash Light - Parliament. https://youtu.be/PaQyQF_xdBg
14. The Sneepers - Guardians Inferno ft. David Hasselhoff. https://youtu.be/8guxsR0k_AU
Awesome Mix Vol. 2 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) is the soundtrack album for the Marvel Studios film Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Featuring the songs present on Peter Quill's mix-tape in the film, the album was released by Hollywood Records on April 21, 2017. A separate film score album, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Original Score), composed by Tyler Bates, was also released by Hollywood Records on the same date.
"Fox on the Run" Single by Sweet.
from the album - Desolation Boulevard
B-side: "Miss Demeanour"
Released: March 1975
Format: 7-inch single
Genre: Power pop
Label: RCA Victor
Writer(s): Brian Connolly, Steve Priest, Andy Scott, Mick Tucker
"Fox on the Run"
Is a song by the British band Sweet, first recorded in 1974. It was Sweet's first single that was written by the band, rather than producers Nicky Chinn and Mike Chapman, and was their 14th single overall. The lyrics of the song are about groupies; "fox" being slang for an attractive woman.
Two versions were recorded by Sweet. The original version was produced by Mike Chapman in association with Nicky Chinn on the European version of the 1974 album Desolation Boulevard. Sweet also recorded and produced a more pop-oriented version as a 7" single in 1975, which is the more familiar version of the song. The 1975 single version was included on the North American version of Desolation Boulevard.
The song appears in numerous films, including Dazed And Confused, Detroit Rock City, When in Rome, Catch .44, and The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard. Its inclusion in the trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 led to the song reaching number one on the iTunes Rock Chart in late 2016
(also referred to as Sweet, and originally called Sweetshop) are a British glam rock band that rose to worldwide fame in the 1970s with their most prolific line-up: lead vocalist Brian Connolly, bass player Steve Priest, guitarist Andy Scott, and drummer Mick Tucker.
The band was formed in London in 1968 and achieved their first hit, "Funny Funny", in 1971 after teaming up with songwriters Nicky Chinn and Mike Chapman and record producer Phil Wainman. During 1971 and 1972, their musical style followed a marked progression from the Archies-like bubblegum style of "Funny Funny" to a Who-influenced hard rock style supplemented by a striking use of high-pitched backing vocals.
The band achieved notable success in the UK charts, with thirteen Top 20 hits during the 1970s alone, with "Block Buster!" (1973) topping the chart, followed by three consecutive number two hits in "Hell Raiser" (1973), "The Ballroom Blitz" (1973) and "Teenage Rampage" (1974). The band turned to a more hard rock style with their mid-career singles, like 1974's "Turn It Down". "Fox on the Run" (1975) also reached number two on the UK charts. These results were topped in West Germany and other countries on the European mainland. They also achieved success and popularity in the US with the top ten hits "Little Willy", "The Ballroom Blitz" and "Fox on the Run".
Cassette Culture | ORB SIDE